South Jersey Skin Care & Laser Center General Policy
LATE APPOINTMENT/CANCELLATION POLICY
We understand that circumstances arise requiring an appointment to be rescheduled, postponed, or cancelled. If you are unable to make an appointment, please call the office (856-810-9888) promptly.
- A 24-hour cancellation notice is required for dermatology appointments. ($30 fee charge)
- A 24-hour notice is required for surgery appointments.If you do not show for your appointment there will be a $90 fee. If you are late and require a rescheduled appointment there will be a $90 fee.
- A 48-hour cancellation notice is required for cosmetic & esthetic appointments. (fees will apply)
- “No-show” shall mean any person who fails to show for their scheduled appointment.
- “Same Day Cancellation” shall mean any person who cancels an appointment less than 24 hours before their scheduled appointment. A person who fails to provide at least 24-hour notice will be classified as a “no-show”.
- “Late Arrival” shall mean any patient who arrives after the start time of the scheduled appointment. If the practice is unable to accommodate the late arrival, patient will be classified as a “no-show”.
- “Expected Arrival Time” shall mean patient is expected to arrive no less than 15 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment time.
A patient scheduled for a cosmetic or aesthetic appointment who “no-shows” will be subject to a “no-show” fee as outlined below.
- Forfeiture of the amount paid for the consultation fee;
- Forfeiture of the greater of any prepayment paid or deposit paid for the scheduled appointment;
- Charge for the single session rate of a prepaid cosmetic / aesthetic package or $100, whichever is greater. This amount will be deducted from the prepaid package;
- A non-refundable charge of $500 for any service that requires one hour or more of treatment time, including but not limited to: miraDry, Coolsculpting, PRP, and Ultherapy.
If there is time available in the schedule on the day of your appointment, you will be accommodated. You may need to reschedule your appointment. Late arrivals affect all patients.
If you are late for a scheduled cosmetic/esthetic appointment and treatment is unable to be completed due to the lack of time, you will be charged a late cancel fee allocated for a provider’s time, materials and room reservation.
It is the policy of South Jersey Skin Care & Laser Center to monitor and manage appointment no-shows and late cancellations. The goal of the practice is to provide each patient with excellent care in a timely manner.
If it is necessary to cancel a general dermatology or surgical appointment, patient is required to email, call, or leave a message at least 24 hours before their appointment time. Notification allows the practice to better utilize appointments for other patients in need of prompt medical care.
- A patient is notified of the No-Show, Late & Cancellation policy at the time of scheduling. This policy can and will be provided in writing to patients at their appointment.
- Appointment must be cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment time.
- In the event a patient arrives late as defined by “late arrival” to their appointment and cannot be seen by the provider on the same day, they will be rescheduled for a future visit.
- In the event a patient has incurred three (3) documented “no-shows” and/or “same-day cancellations,” the patient may be subject to dismissal from South Jersey Skin Care & Laser Center.
- A patient scheduled for a general dermatology appointment who “no-shows” will be subject to a $30 “no-show” fee.
- A patient scheduled for a surgical procedure who “no-shows” will be subject to a $90 “no-show” fee.
Fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
As a recipient of our services, you are responsible for the charges associated with the services you receive. You remain legally and fully responsible for your entire bill.
Cash, check, debit cards and most credit cards are accepted forms of payment. CareCredit ($1000 minimum) is a line of credit between you and your creditor. At your request, we can provide you information to apply for CareCredit. Again, this is a contract between the patient and CareCredit.
Submission of claims is a courtesy extended to our patients. If your insurance company does not pay your claim in 30 days, the balance will automatically be billed to you. Your insurance coverage is a contract between you and your insurance carrier; we are not party to that contract. Obtaining referrals is your responsibility. You may be required to re-schedule your appointment if any necessary referrals have not been received by our practice prior to your appointment.
Co-payments and Deductibles
In accordance with your insurance plan and services provided, you are responsible for any and all co-payments, deductibles and co-insurances.
Certain office procedures or services may not be covered or may be considered “not medically necessary”, “experimental”, “cosmetic” or simply not covered by your insurance carrier. You are responsible for payment of these services.
Non-sufficient funds / Returned Checks / Chargebacks
A fee of $30 will be charged for all returned checks and chargebacks.
Quotes & Promotions
Standard fees will be honored for six months from quote proposal date. Promotional quotes will be honored during the promotional period only. Promotional purchase offer expires on the last day of the promotional period date. Promotional procedures must be performed within the conditions and restrictions of the promotion.
DEPOSITS FOR PROCEDURES/TREATMENTS/CONSULTS
A 50% deposit is required to schedule the following treatments:
- Ultherapy * Full payment prior to day of treatment is required.
A $100 deposit is required for all Cosmetic services and Cosmetic consultations with a medical provider.
At times Esthetic services will require a deposit. This may include but not limited to:
- HydraFacial MD
- Chemical Peels
Full payment is required for:
• All packages
• Services rendered upon completion of treatment.
If a patient requests a touch-up. The patient is responsible for the cost of additional treatment. In case of Botox/Juvéderm, a determined number of units/syringes per area may not be adequate and additional units/syringes may be applied with the understanding it is the patient’s responsibility to pay for all additional services.
NON-COMPLIANCE for CoolSculpting, Ultherapy & miraDry
If there is any information, circumstance, or medical condition withheld which causes a scheduled treatment to be delayed or stopped during a treatment, a $500 fee will be rendered for provider’s time, materials, and room reservation. Each person’s comfort level is different. Medication is offered and highly recommended to help make your treatment as comfortable as possible. If medication is declined by patient which leads to patient being unable to tolerate the procedure, and we are unable to finish treatment, a $500 fee will be rendered for provider’s time, materials, and room reservation.
NON-COMPLIANCE and Required Driver Notice
If medication is prescribed for a procedure, a driver is required to bring you to and from your appointment. If a driver is not present the procedure will be cancelled with a $500 cancellation fee for the provider’s time, room reservation and supplies.
Esthetic consultations are complimentary, however there will be a $50 consultation fee if you “NO SHOW” to your appointment or fail to provide 48-hour notice cancellation. Failure to pay may result in loss of booking privileges and/or refusal to provide future service.
A product consultation is conducted once a patient is comfortable with moving forward with the purchase of the prescribed products. Recommendations are based on the patient’s concerns, goals and budget. Consultations are only conducted on product lines within the practice, due to the specific training and knowledge of those lines. Consultations on products outside of the practice cannot be discussed due to the uncertain authenticity of the products and is not appropriate.
A $ 50.00 fee will be charged for subsequent consultations beyond the scope of the first complimentary consultation or if a product consultation occurs without purchase.
Cosmetic consultations with our Cosmetic Consultant are complimentary. Cosmetic consultations with a medical provider are $100. In order to reserve your consultation with a medical provider, a $100 non-refundable consultation fee is required at the time of scheduling. This fee is for a cosmetic consultation. If a patient proceeds with any (cosmetic) treatment recommended by the medical provider within the consultation, the consultation fee can be used as a credit toward that cosmetic treatment. Treatment must be completed within 6 months of the consultation. If a patient does not complete treatment within 6 months, declines treatment and/or is not a candidate for treatment, the $100 non-refundable consultation fee will be directed to the cosmetic consultation appointment. If a patient does not show for scheduled consultation or fails to provide the 48-hour notice, the $100 non-refundable consultation fee will be forfeited.
Some recommendations based on patient goals may include a series of treatments. For this reason, we offer a discount on packages. An unused package treatment is not transferable. Each recommended treatment or package is individually designed for specific needs. Packages will expire within 1 year of purchase. If a return is requested for any unused package treatments, you will be charged full price for completed treatments and the remainder will be applied to your account as a credit.
Product purchases are final. All open products are non-refundable. Unopened products may be returned within 7 days of purchase for an account credit. If you require assistance in determining your selection of products, our qualified licensed medical estheticians offer complimentary skin care consultations. They will gladly assist you in determining the appropriate selection of products. If needed, please take advantage of our complimentary consultation prior to final sale.
Donations that are given to support non-profit organizations are freely given to and for the use of charity. Donations cannot be transferred or split between individuals. Donations are restricted to the expiration date placed on the gift certificate, treatment or product. Donations cannot be exchanged or substituted for other services or products. Multiple treatments/services donated will be performed same day, in office and by appointment only. Voucher must be presented at time of treatment – NO EXCEPTIONS. Additional conditions and restrictions may apply pending procedure and/ or treatment.
Management reserves the right to change policies at any time.