HydraFacial MD® in South Jersey
Enjoy the Benefits of Several Skin Treatments in One Session
HydraFacial MD® at South Jersey Skin Care & Laser Center is an invigorating, healthful facial treatment that gently works to refresh and provide effective care for different types of skin. It can deliver instant results, relieve skin irritation, and repair damage.
No two people have the same skin profile, so no two patients should receive the same exact treatments. At South Jersey Skin Care, we believe in holistic and well-planned care for every patient's skin. This principle is reflected in our HydraFacial MD® sessions, which are customizable and can be tailored to safely target a patient's specific skin concerns.
What Happens to Facial Skin Over Time?
From the time you leave your home in the morning, to when you return at night, your skin is exposed to all sorts of environmental stressors, such as pollutants and UV rays. Skin is not exactly protected indoors, either: The artificial heating and cooling systems we use to combat the weather outside can actually dry out the skin and make it lose its smoothness and elasticity much faster. As it is, an individual’s collagen production decreases by one percent each year after the age of 20.
We also tend to slack off on applying sunscreen when we see no sunlight outside, but UVA rays, and the damage they can do to the skin, are significant on both cloudy and sunny days.
How Will HydraFacial MD® Improve My Skin’s Health?
HydraFacial MD® is the name of patented system used to create customizable protocols (or a series of steps) for a facial. When put together, the elements of this system create a non-invasive, non-laser skin resurfacing treatment that uses proprietary Vortex Technology™ to provide facial treatments targeting a number of skin concerns.
All of the HydraFacial MD® protocols use super-serums that are filled with hyaluronic acid, antioxidants, and peptides that nourish the skin; provide a much-needed boost of moisture; help address symptoms of aging; and provide protection from harsh environmental factors (such as pollution, UV exposure, and humidity fluctuations) to help prevent further skin damage.
We have a number of specials to help you save on your next treatment!
What to Expect from a HydraFacial MD® Treatment Session
HydraFacial MD® is a convenient, quick, and efficient lunchtime procedure, as one treatment session lasts only about 30 minutes, and the treatments are specially made to relieve irritated skin and be customized for any type of skin (which means they are very unlikely to cause unwanted side effects). Even the most easily irritated skin is usually able to handle a HydraFacial MD® treatment session with little to no discomfort.
The results of a HydraFacial MD® treatment tend to be immediate and noticeable, with no downtime required after a session. Most patients are able to return to their regular activities soon after their treatment session ends.
Many of our patients notice visible refinement and radiance of their skin, and an evened-out complexion, after just one treatment session of HydraFacial MD®. They also report seeing improvements in their wrinkles and fine lines, oiliness and congestion, and sun spots.
The HydraFacial MD® system is one of the most effective non-invasive skin treatments on the market. Not only does skin look better (often for longer than a week) after HydraFacial MD®, but maintenance treatment sessions over time (once a month is recommended) can steadily improve the health and condition of facial skin.
HydraFacial MD® has clinically proven its ability to deliver both immediate and long-term visible health benefits for the skin. It helps the skin maintain its hydration while getting rid of excess congestion, pigmentation, and redness. The system can dramatically improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and even creasing in the nasolabial folds.
Meet Dr. Levin
Meet Dr. Levin
Board-certified Dr. Robin Levin and her team at South Jersey Skin Care & Laser Center provide a comprehensive service offering of clinical and cosmetic dermatology. Learn more about Dr. Levin or request a consultation today!
What Are the Possible Treatment Options?
There are six main protocol options to choose from.
The general Skin Heath protocol is a simple, no-frills package designed to provide overall restoration and protection to facial skin. It includes the following steps:
- Vortex-Exfoliation™ to gently slough off dead cells and reveal fresh, healthier skin.
- Vortex-Peel™ using gentle skin peel serums to deliver the rejuvenating and texture-resurfacing benefits of traditional chemical peels—without the dreaded post-peel scaling. It achieves this through the process of hydradermabrasion, rather than regular dermabrasion.
- Vortex-Extraction™ that painlessly suctions away impurities and cleans out pores.
- Vortex-Fusion™ to provide the skin with nutrition and protection with HydraFacial MD® signature super-serums.
Because the HydraFacial MD® system aims to strengthen the foundation for beautiful, healthy skin, the other five protocols are fairly similar to the general package. However, each of them includes different ingredients and/or steps as variations of the general package, ensuring there is an appropriate option available to every patient. These five specialized protocols include:
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles: Includes a Vortex-Boost™ to deliver the system's proprietary Dermabuilder™, which helps to reduce wrinkles and fine lines, and restore even skin tone and texture.
- Age Reversal: Includes a Vortex-Boost™ of CTGF™, or Connective Tissue Growth Factor. The right kinds of growth factors can boost regeneration of newer, healthier skin tissue that looks younger and more refreshed.
- Brightening Treatment: The HydraFacial MD® system's proprietary Britenol® serum is delivered through a Vortex-Boost™ to treat skin that has become dull over time with dark spots and sun damage.
- Oil/Congestion: This type of skin can be unruly and challengingto maintain with all the buildup, so this protocol features a more intensive Vortex-Extraction™ process to clear out impurities and excess oils.
- Sensitive Skin: This is an extra-gentle version of the traditional HydraFacial MD® treatment, in which the Vortex-Fusion™ is replaced with a Vortex-Boost™ of a milder serum to nourish and protect very delicate skin.
While each protocol option is set out to achieve certain goals, the trained and experienced professionals at South Jersey Skin Care can further modify any of the steps within them to provide each patient with perfectly matched treatments.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is HydraFacial MD®?
HydraFacial MD® is a patented hydradermabrasion treatment system that delivers the results of several different kinds of treatments in one session.
- What is hydradermabrasion?
The hydradermabrasion process gently exfoliates the skin using water and oxygen to leave it smooth, clean, and refreshed.
- Should I opt for HydraFacial MD® or a laser skin resurfacing treatment?
While the results from some laser skin resurfacing treatments could be more long lasting, HydraFacial MD® is very well-rounded and effective system for patients who want minimal discomfort or downtime.
- What areas can HydraFacial MD® treat?
While it can treat almost any area, HydraFacial MD® is most commonly used to treat skin on the face, neck, and décolletage.
- Can HydraFacial MD® occur in conjunction with other surgical or non-surgical treatments?
The system can be used to maintain or enhancethe results from other treatments, but can usually only be done on separate appointments. Ask the team for more information about your specific requirements and goals.
- How many treatments should I undergo?
A treatment session once a month is usually recommended to achieve the best possible results.
- What does the treatment feel like?
Many patients say the treatment feels like a wet, cool paint brush.
- How long does a HydraFacial MD® session take?
The session usually does not take more than 30 minutes.